If you are looking to get cash for your future structured settlement payments, it is likely because you are facing a sudden emergency, opportunity, or another big life moment that requires a lump sum of money. It’s understandable to want to receive cash for your structured settlement as soon as possible. If selling some or all of your payments is the right decision, there are a few factors that can determine the speed of the process.
The timeline from now to payment is different for everyone. Depending on your home state, the transfer could take from 30 to 90 days. Here’s why it ranges so much:
- Each state has its own transfer requirements, and some take longer than others.
- CrowFly needs to collect all the required policy documents and background information to begin the process. The time this step takes to complete can vary based on seller responsiveness.
- Sometimes it takes a while to get a court hearing to approve the sale.
While nothing can speed up the processes that directly involve the court (such as scheduling a hearing date), there are some things sellers can do to help get their money as soon as possible. For example, once you are sure that selling is the right move for you and your family, you can:
- Send all the necessary policy documents to CrowFly right away.
- Provide all requested background information, such as how much money is needed and why you need to sell your structured settlement payments.
- Fill out all paperwork in a timely fashion. A transaction navigator will be available to answer any questions that arise.
- Be available to appear in court for the scheduled hearing date.
These efforts help CrowFly as well as the judge and transfer attorney do their part as efficiently as possible.
If you are interested in finding out how much you could receive if you sell structured settlement payments, check out our free online calculator. You can also call (888) 560-6629 for a free, no-obligation discussion about your options, or visit crowfly.com/get-started.