When your attorney negotiated a settlement from your lawsuit, that money was put into a structured settlement to last you a long time. Unfortunately, that plan cannot be changed once it’s established. So, if you’re wanting to get your payments early to cover a sudden financial need, then the insurance company that issues your policy won’t be able to reverse your structured settlement or change your payment streams. The only thing you can do to get more of your structured settlement early is to transfer the rights to some of your payments in exchange for cash. We refer to this process as selling your future structured settlement payments.
There’s a lot to know if you’re thinking about selling, and we’re here to help. You can call 833-CROWFLY, and a member of our experienced team can give you a rundown of how the process works. And don’t worry, we’ll never push you to make a decision. It’s a priority to us that you understand what it means to sell and what to expect.
But for now, here’s a quick breakdown of the selling process:
- Use our free structured settlement calculator to see how much money you might receive from selling structured settlement payments. Your payments will be worth a little less when you sell them, so it’s helpful to know ahead of time what the estimated price may be.
- Visit our get started page and share a little bit of info with us. A member of our team will contact you as soon as possible to follow up. Again, no one from our team will ever push you to move forward. We’ll just have a conversation about the next steps.
- If you decide to sell, you’ll be able to join our digital platform, which makes the process as simple and transparent as possible. We will list your payment stream while keeping your personal information confidential.
- Our team will get the next steps in motion, which involve us gathering more information from you, and you’ll need to attend a hearing before a judge. During the hearing, you’ll explain to the judge why you want to sell your payments. We’ll help you prepare for this part.
- After the judge gives the transaction the all-clear, we’ll finish up the process. At every stage, you’ll get updates and alerts from our platform as information is needed from you, so you’ll never be left wondering what’s next. Once everything is complete, you’ll receive your lump sum of money from selling your future structured settlement payments.
That’s it! So, while you can’t call up the insurance company and get your structured settlement payments early or in any way contrary to your policy, you can give us a call and talk about selling your future payments for a lump sum of cash. Contact us at 833-CROWFLY with any questions, and someone will be happy to assist you.