Open Position: Software Developer
Full-Time: 40-50 hours per week
Location: Downtown Buffalo, NY
Do you want to work for a company with a mission you can be proud of?
Are you ready for a fast-paced environment where you will be challenged,
on responsibility, and grow your skill set?
If you’re ready for your next full-time gig and want to make an impact on a growing startup, this is the opportunity for you! Join our dynamic, growing team as we expand CrowFly’s reach and change an industry. We want quick thinkers who “work smart” to accomplish tasks efficiently. We want innovators who speak up with good ideas and constantly look for opportunities to improve. We rely heavily on each other and expect everyone on the team to contribute and “give 110%” every day.
We are currently in search of an experienced Software Developer to continue to build,
maintain, and enhance our web-based marketplace that is the core technology
supporting our business. The successful candidate will conduct reviews to understand
the technology product’s performance and opportunities for improvement. Product
development is expected to include minor improvements and modifications such as
adding document types, notification mechanisms, usage tracking, and additional
workflow. But also much larger initiatives such as improving transaction segmentation
through use of blockchain and expanding document automation technologies.
This is a fantastic opportunity to engage in a positive and creative work environment
that offers excellent benefits and flexible schedules.
- Write and test new code
- Clearly document code to support future maintenance and upgrades
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing code
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues
- Execute and improve test and release plans
- Recommend improvements to existing application programs
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science required
- 2+ years experience in web and software development
- PHPSlim, sql, and Bootstrap
- Demonstrated understanding of projects from the perspective of both client and business
- Ability to effectively prioritize, organize, and juggle multiple tasks/projects/deadlines simultaneously
- Ability to perform in a high pressure, startup environment
You will report to our CEO and COO. Competitive compensation with benefits included.
- Full time position located in Buffalo, NY
- Salary is commensurate with experience
- Excellent working environment (success driven, fun, friendly, casual, and
- Some great benefits:
- Attractive PTO policies
- $500 monthly stipend towards health insurance
- Off-street parking
CrowFly is an online service, headquarters in downtown Buffalo, NY, that is
transforming the way structured settlement rights change hands. The company
streamlines this complex financial transaction – minimizing expenses and directly
connecting sellers who need money now with eligible investors who are willing to offer a
fair price for guaranteed future income streams. For the first time, there is a
conscientious nationwide marketplace that enables citizens, who for a myriad of
reasons, must sell what might be their sole asset in life.
Interested? Email your resume to email@example.com